- Jars for loose change, buttons, and other small items found in pockets or in the wash.
- One basket for items needing mending, and a smaller one for “odd socks.”
- A shopping bag for giveaway items (deposited after washing).
- Waste basket for dryer lint.
- “Prewash” basket containing Oxyclean, stain remover, old toothbrush and a scrub brush, bottle of water for pre-treating stains.
- “Ironing” basket containing spray starch, a press cloth, spray bottle, lavender-scented ironing water, a cup with a spout for filling iron with water, and some iron-on hem tape.
- A fold-away clothes rack for sweaters and delicates to hang or lay flat to dry—I’ve seen some cool vintage-looking ones in wood from Ballard Designs, but IKEA also has a simple one in metal.
Monday, January 31, 2011